Our main goal for the garden is to work together or next to each other in relative harmony while also sharing more in each other’s culture and life experience. We hope that you will treat one another with respect, be courteous in all interactions, and work together to resolve any disagreements. If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact one of the Garden representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GARDEN ELIGIBILITY & RULES
The Cottage City Community Garden is open to all; however priority will be given to Cottage City residents. Raised Garden Beds will be allocated on a first come first served (based on the date the application is received) beginning on the second Saturday of March each year. In order to rent a bed, gardeners agree to:
- Sign and return rental contracts with $10 mandatory non-refundable annual fee. The Cottage City Community Garden strives to make our garden accessible to residents of all backgrounds and income levels. Please consider making an additional $10 donation to support ongoing garden maintenance.
- Grow food in garden plots for personal consumption. Food may not be grown for commercial purposes. Illegal crops may not be grown. Gardeners should maintain garden beds and plants using organic materials and sustainable techniques.
- Keep the Garden Committee advised of your current address, email address, and telephone number; notify the Garden Committee of any change to your contact information.
- If a garden bed is unattended for up to four (4) weeks during a growing season and the participant failed to notify a Garden Committee representative prior to his/her absence, the Garden Committee will consider the garden bed abandoned and it will be reassigned.
- Keep their garden plot and paths adjacent to their plot garden edges free of weeds, diseased plants, insect-infested plants and over-ripe vegetables. Please prevent vegetation from attacking paths and adjacent plots.
- All Community Garden participants are expected to join in the general clean-up, replanting and beautification of the Community Garden at the beginning and end of each growing season,
- Gardeners are encouraged to participate fully in the Cottage City Community Garden operations by attending meetings, volunteering for committees and participating in community workdays. Gardeners are encouraged to volunteer a minimum of four (4) hours and attendance in at least two (2) general membership meetings to help support the ongoing vitality of the Community Garden.