After a month long search, the Cottage City Community Garden selected a design for our 2020 T-shirt! This year marks a very special time for the community garden, as it is our TENTH year of providing healthy eating and active living opportunities for Cottage City residents. We received several submissions and Clare had the winning design. Read our interview with her below.
- What is your name and age?
Name: Clare, Age: 10
- When did you learn of the Cottage City Community Garden?
I learned about the Cottage City Community Garden when me and my Mom went to the Town Hall to see what it was about and how to get our own plot.
- Have you ever gardened before?
I have not garden before, but now that I did, it seems pretty fun and relaxing.
- What is your favorite fruit or vegetable?
My favorite fruit would have to be an avocado, my favorite vegetable is a cucumber.
- Who taught you how to garden?
No one really taught me how to garden, it was like when I started, I learned as we planted fruits and vegetables.
- Where was your first garden? What did you grow?
My first garden was at the Cottage City Community Garden. Me and my Mom grew tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, cucumbers, spinach, and an icebox watermelon.
- What inspired your t-shirt design?
The thing that inspired my design was how many fruits, vegetables, flowers, bees, and every other things were growing in the garden.
- What does the community mean to you?
To me the community means friendship, care, kindness for each other and the things that live here.
- What is one thing that people should know about the Cottage City Community Garden?
I think that the one thing people should know about the Cottage City Community Garden is that the garden is for new experiences, to have fun, and to work together.